As all this year’s blog posts begin in one form or another, ‘2020 has been a doozy.’
This week though, rather than dwell on the challenges the world has had in store for us this year (though I will say it’s not currently safe to go outside where I live due to smoky air), I’m going to let you in on a mindfulness practice I’ve been dabbling in lately and share a few of the things I’m grateful for. In no particular order 😊:
- My first child! Born at the end of 2019.
- My wife
- My pod
- My career
- The Green Bay Packers – Who won their opening game of the season on Sunday!
I keep the list growing and pick one item to expand on each month. Since it was my turn to company blog, I thought we could explore ‘my career’ together and why I work where I do.
- Focus on the whole person
- The way Wilshire conducts business and manages its people is all about putting us in the best position to succeed professionally and at home. I appreciate the open door (open zoom) feel and flexibility necessary to balance work and home.
- Real people, doing real work
- Everyone at the Wilshire group can ‘talk the talk’ and ‘walk the walk’. I appreciate working for a company where everyone can be a resource professionally and personally.
- The ability to make a difference and do meaningful work
- We make a difference for our clients and their communities, helping their organizations and patients be healthier.
- A sense of community
- While 2020 has put a hold on our normal in person retreats, we still get together virtually every two weeks for a staff meeting and have virtual retreats. Seeing and talking with everyone regularly is helpful, especially now.
I hope that gives you a little insight into why I do what I do, and maybe the push to think about what you may be grateful for! If you want to learn more about the work I do or why I chose to work for Wilshire don’t hesitate to send me an e-mail at email@example.com.