It’s hard to overstate the disruption that our nation is experiencing from both personal and business standpoints. One of the most significant changes is the mass exodus of workers from the office to the home.
Different employers have different philosophies on how to ensure remote employees are getting their work done. Some lack trust and require daily status updates leading to employee dissatisfaction. Some lack transparency, instead relying on over-communication, leading to dilution of ownership and follow-up; some have never dealt with this before and do not know where to start. As a healthcare organization working tirelessly to help Americans in need, you do not have time to worry about your employees being productive from home. Fortunately, there are tools you can use to help mitigate risks and engage in data-driven decision making.
Productivity reporting is very useful functionality in Epic, but it remains underutilized at many organizations. For those health systems that already have productivity reports built, your solution is ensuring remote employees continue to meet standards that may already be in place. For those not currently utilizing these tools or those not realizing the potential benefits, we are including a list of fundamental reports you should consider configuring below (along with their UserWeb* links).
Time is currently a precious resource for you and your team, but that should not stop you from creating a culture of accountability supported with quality data. While “best practice” implementation includes setting benchmarks and assigning point values to different activities, it’s not required – better to start now than wait on perfection. To derive value from the following reports, we have outlined some basic steps:
- Leadership: Identify management staff that should be monitoring productivity
- Epic IT: Ensure report templates are in your Hyperspace environment
- Epic IT: Give security to users who should run these reports
- Training: Create tip sheets for how to set up productivity reports and send to managers
- Managers: Follow tip sheet instruction and set up productivity report for your users
- Managers: Run report for past 3 months to find average daily productivity of each user
- Managers: Run productivity reports daily, compare to past 90-day averages and follow-up with staff accordingly
Following the above process, you and your management team will have accurate productivity insight without overburdening managers or employees. Whether you are a current client or not, please reach out to The Wilshire Group at email@example.com you would like to talk about the reports or any other issues you are experiencing during this time of challenge dealing with COVID-19. We have extensive experience assisting clients and working in the trenches ourselves. If you’re already using any of these tools and struggle to interpret the results or identify actions to shift behavior, we’re here to listen and suggest recommendations. Be well and stay safe.
- HB User Productivity Report Template
- EB Time Log Report Template
- HB Workqueue Monitoring Report Template
- Registration Productivity Report Template
- Referral Workqueue User Productivity Report Template
- Workflow Productivity Tracking Report Template
*UserWeb links require customer-specific account access information. Information contained therein is owned by Epic and not a product of The Wilshire Group.